Aren’t you in a plan to cook for the day? DoorDash comes to your rescue. Download the app, set your address, and place the order. A Dasher will get it delivered. But is there a radius set for the delivery? How far does DoorDash deliver?
DoorDash sets a delivery radius of 5-30 miles based on the location, tip offered, and partnership type. Some Dashers agree to deliver longer, but the app imposes additional fees for the same.
Whenever you order, you must check if Dashers are within your radius. In this article, let us discuss more how radius is set and the basic strategy of DoorDash in handling deliveries.
DoorDash Delivery Ranges
When you order on the DoorDash app, you get an estimated time of arrival (ETA) based on the distance and delivery zone. If restaurants are nearby (within five miles), delivery charges and ETA are lesser.
DoorDash operates in a model similar to Uber Eats. However, the former also allows restaurant owners to extend the radius as they upgrade partnership types (basic or plus, or premier).
The delivery range for a restaurant with a basic partnership is the standard distance of five miles or lesser. When the restaurant upgrades to Plus, the radius increases by 10%. With a further upgrade to the Premier partnership, the radius increases by 15%.
To date, several restaurants prefer delivery distances within 5 miles. However, DoorDash also encourages users to pay high tip amounts when DoorDash drivers cover extra distances.
Perhaps you can still order on the app if you are a user with your favorite restaurant located 5 miles away from your residence. But, ensure that you also pay additional service and delivery charges since such orders are considered long-distance deliveries.
What Are The Average Miles For A DoorDash Delivery?
The average miles for a DoorDash delivery is 6.8 miles, and this can fluctuate between 4 and 30 based on the nature of the order and type of restaurant partnership.
A report by PayUp states that the DoorDash driver is expected to drive about 6.8 miles for order and consume 30 minutes.
DoorDash drivers are allowed to pick up orders on their way and deliver. This can mean they can make extra money while covering additional miles to deliver different orders.
Can DoorDash Go Anywhere?
DoorDash delivers in 4 countries – the United States, Japan, Canada, and Australia. DoorDash can handle delivery orders in any of these countries.
DoorDash is constantly searching for new markets to enter and expand its business horizons. There are plans to enter countries including Denmark, Germany, and Sweden.
If you are from the United States, you are more likely to have DoorDash deliveries in your area. With an average of 200,000 drivers associated with DoorDash in various countries, the organization has the potential to go anywhere in these countries, depending on the type of restaurant’s association.
If you have found that DoorDash is unavailable in your region, it could be due to one of the reasons:
- You reside outside the countries mentioned above.
- DoorDash drivers are presently occupied, and it can take time to accept new orders.
- There is a technical glitch. In that case, you can reload the app later.
Why Does DoorDash Say Too Far?
Your DoorDash order returns with a “too far” remark if the restaurant has relocated, change in delivery distance, technical glitch, or safety concerns.
It is not uncommon to see the “too far” remark when placing an order on the DoorDash app. Some drivers reject deliveries that are beyond their coverage points. If that is the case, you can contact the Dasher and offer a tip to get it delivered.
A technical glitch on the app can throw random errors, which is the case with similar apps in the market. However, you can reload after some time to confirm if it was due to another error. Alternatively, you can reach out to the customer support representative whenever you face a glitch.
If you do not want to reach out to them, it is advisable to uninstall the application and then reinstall it after some time to confirm a server error.
Another reason to face this message is the restaurant’s current condition. If it has relocated to a new region or has downgraded its membership type with DoorDash, it can result in delivery unavailability. You can choose to request DoorDash drivers to deliver at your place for additional charges.
Finally, safety concerns can also provoke DoorDash to deny the order with the message “too far.” If it is a heavy downpour, it can be difficult for DoorDash drivers to handle the delivery, although it remains within the restaurant’s delivery radius (< 5 miles).
Is DoorDash Delivery Time Accurate?
DoorDash’s delivery times are 92% accurate and average 42 minutes and 1 second.
A report by Food & Wine stated that a competition between DoorDash, UberEats, GrubHub, and Postmates highlighted that DoorDash was the third on the list. However, it was punctual for 92% of orders. This also implied that the delivery times were 92% accurate.
When you place an order next time, you can easily track the delivery time to confirm the credibility of this finding.
Can You Track DoorDash Orders?
DoorDash orders can be tracked directly on the website or on the mobile app as soon as deliveries are confirmed.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Login to your profile on the app.
- Go to the Orders tab.
- Select the order you have just placed.
- Look out for delivery status along with the estimated delivery time.
- Once a Dasher is allocated, you can see a map beneath the delivery time.
- Closely watch the movements of the DoorDash driver until he reaches your place.
Meanwhile, if you have special instructions to pass to the driver, the app also allows you to contact the Dasher directly.
The steps are similar if you want to track the order from the website.
- Why Do Restaurants Disappear From DoorDash?
- Can Restaurants Block Customers on DoorDash?
- How To Change Starting Point On DoorDash?
- How To Delete Payment Method On DoorDash?
- How To Use Fast Pay On DoorDash?
Here You’ll Find My Favorite Kitchen Equipment.
Thanks for reading this article! I hope that it brought you real value that you can benefit from in your personal life! Here is my top kitchen equipment that I seriously couldn’t live without, and I think they could ease your life as well as they do mine.
- Knife set: As a chef, I can’t stand dull, poor-quality knives without any design. My absolute favorite kitchen knife set is the Gangshan 3-Piece Knife Set. It comes with a handcrafted 8″ chef’s knife and a 3.5″ paring knife. What I love even more than these flawless knives is the walnut knife block which is incredible and unique.
- Skillet: In addition to knives and my unwillingness to bargain with its quality is the cookware. My favorite skillet is Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Skillet. This particular skillet is 9″ in size, it is heavy, it gets very hot, which is what is required to get a good sear, and it is just beautiful, as are all Le Creuset products. Le Creuset doesn’t need an introduction as a brand, as it is one of the world’s rated brands.
- Food processor: I remember when I hadn’t a food processor at home. It wasn’t easy! But now, when I use my Ninja BN601 Food Processor, I can make anything super fast, which saves me many hours per week. This food processor has 1000 watts of power and four options, including chopping, slicing, dough, and purees. I also like the middle-sized 9cup (2.1l) bowl as it is big enough yet not too big to look unfitting in my kitchen.
- Tweezers: Dalstrong Professional Cooking Tweezers are like tongs but much more elegant, thin, and easy to use. They are great for virtually anything, but flipping, turning, and grabbing with them is easy and makes cooking much more fun! These Dalstrgon tongs are titanium coated and very durable. Also, I like the black color instead of the everyday steel.
Interested in how this website was made or how to make your own? Start Here