How To Delete Payment Method On DoorDash? (Step-By-Step)
DoorDash follows an exciting business model connecting merchants and customers through dashers that deliver goods. If you have used DoorDash in the past, you know that you may have to create an account at first and then add payment methods. However, if you have changed your mind about deleting payment methods, this article is for you.
You can delete payment methods on DoorDash via the mobile application or website by following these steps: Choose Payment from Account page -> Select payment method -> Choose Delete.
It is pretty easy to do, but we have it crafted step-by-step to make it even easier.
Methods To Delete Payment Method on DoorDash
DoorDash has made life easier for customers to order food on the go and get it delivered to their doorstep. Unfortunately, problems like dasher unavailability, technical glitch, or user change of address might provoke you to deactivate the account.
Deactivating the account without deleting saved payment details can affect your privacy. So, before you bid goodbye to the service, you need to delete the payment method properly.
- Open the DoorDash application on your mobile.
- Log in to your account.
- Tap three lines on the top-right of the dashboard.
- Select Account.
- Click Payment.
- Select Payment methods.
- The next page lists saved payment information stored on your account.
- If you want to delete the PayPal option, swipe left. Do the same for credit cards and Google Pay.
- Click Delete.
- Tap Yes on the popup.
- The payment method is now deleted.
The steps are the same irrespective of the operating system of your phone.
- Go to the official website of DoorDash.
- Log in to your account.
- Select Settings on the Account page.
- Choose Payment Methods from the list of options displayed.
- Click Delete.
- On the confirmation pop-up box, select Confirm Delete.
You can follow the same steps to change your existing payment method. Let’s say you have a new credit card and want the old information replaced.
You can follow the same steps. However, it would be best if you choose Edit instead of Delete. This completes the process.
The biggest reason for DoorDash’s success is its easy-to-use interface. Even if you are naive with applications, DoorDash is still usable, friendly, and reliable.
What Payment Methods Are Available In DoorDash?
DoorDash accepts payments from various modes, including bank accounts, credit/debit cards, Google Pay, UPI apps, PayPal, and cash on delivery.
If you order for your friend from another location, you can store payment information on the site. Otherwise, if the order is for you, you can pay cash to the dasher on delivery.
Irrespective of the payment mode you choose, it is easy to add, update, and remove payment mode on DoorDash.
If you find the process difficult, the support team of DoorDash is a call away. Reach out to one of the representatives and present a payment mode request. The work gets resolved in a jiffy!
How To Change My Payment Method?
Changing payment methods on DoorDash can be done by selecting the Payments option on your dashboard and adding a new payment method.
If you are using the DoorDash application to make changes, follow the steps below.
- Open the application.
- Log in to your DoorDash account.
- Select the Profile option on the top right.
- Click Payments.
- Click Payment Methods.
- Choose the method you want to change to.
If you want to add a credit card to your DoorDash account, select the card icon and add card information.
You can also check the box beneath if you prefer a credit card to be the default mode of payment.
Alternatively, the initial steps slightly vary if you are using the DoorDash site to change the payment method.
You must log in to your account and then go to the Settings page. You can select Payments and then change the method.
Note: If you are not in a plan to use a payment method for which you have saved information, remember to delete it immediately.
How To Delete DoorDash Account?
You can delete your DoorDash account on the web browser or reach out to the support representative for it.
Reaching out to the customer support webpage is easier if you are not a computer freak. Perhaps, you can choose to email or call the team for help.
- Go to https://help.doordash.com/
- Type in the details asked to process your deactivation request.
- Click Submit.
You need to wait a few days to hear from the support team.
Alternatively, you can delete the DoorDash account yourself.
- Log in to your account on the DoorDash website.
- Click Menu on the top left of the dashboard.
- Tap Account.
- Select Manage Account.
- You can see a section dedicated to deleting your account. Click Delete.
- A verification code is sent to your phone/email address. Type it.
- Click Delete to double-confirm the process.
This approach is considerably faster as the request is double-verified, and the support team does not have to call the user again.
How Long Does It Take To Process DoorDash Account Deletion?
It takes 2-14 working days for the DoorDash customer support team to process your account deletion request permanently.
The customer support team crosschecks the request by directly calling the user or dropping an email. This is to avoid account misuse, and double confirm the request.
In case you have requested account deletion by mistake, you can always wait for the support team to reach you to cancel the process.
Remember that you can create a new DoorDash account at a later stage if you have deactivated it earlier. Unfortunately, you may have to appeal to the customer support team if your account is banned.
The DoorDash team is known for its outstanding customer service. Hence, do not feel bad buzzing them whenever you encounter an issue with the app or service.
- Why Do Restaurants Disappear From DoorDash?
- Can Restaurants Block Customers on DoorDash?
- How To Change Starting Point On DoorDash?
- How Far Does DoorDash Deliver?
- How To Use Fast Pay On DoorDash?
Here You’ll Find My Favorite Kitchen Equipment.
Thanks for reading this article! I hope that it brought you real value that you can benefit from in your personal life! Here is my top kitchen equipment that I seriously couldn’t live without, and I think they could ease your life as well as they do mine.
- Knife set: As a chef, I can’t stand dull, poor-quality knives without any design. My absolute favorite kitchen knife set is the Gangshan 3-Piece Knife Set. It comes with a handcrafted 8″ chef’s knife and a 3.5″ paring knife. What I love even more than these flawless knives is the walnut knife block which is incredible and unique.
- Skillet: In addition to knives and my unwillingness to bargain with its quality is the cookware. My favorite skillet is Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Skillet. This particular skillet is 9″ in size, it is heavy, it gets very hot, which is what is required to get a good sear, and it is just beautiful, as are all Le Creuset products. Le Creuset doesn’t need an introduction as a brand, as it is one of the world’s rated brands.
- Food processor: I remember when I hadn’t a food processor at home. It wasn’t easy! But now, when I use my Ninja BN601 Food Processor, I can make anything super fast, which saves me many hours per week. This food processor has 1000 watts of power and four options, including chopping, slicing, dough, and purees. I also like the middle-sized 9cup (2.1l) bowl as it is big enough yet not too big to look unfitting in my kitchen.
- Tweezers: Dalstrong Professional Cooking Tweezers are like tongs but much more elegant, thin, and easy to use. They are great for virtually anything, but flipping, turning, and grabbing with them is easy and makes cooking much more fun! These Dalstrgon tongs are titanium coated and very durable. Also, I like the black color instead of the everyday steel.